Wednesday, May 21, 2008

On the Road Again...

I've spent the past two weeks in Seattle on business, and I have to admit that I do like this town. And no, its not because its one of the Gayer cities in America! There's a lot to see and do here, and the food is great. If you ever come here, eat at Ray's Boathouse. Outstanding!

I stay at the same hotel every trip, and its right next to the Shopping District and Pike Street. I'm embarrased to say that they now know me by name at Nordstroms! Yikes!! My obsessive/compulsive shopping disorder kicks in every time I get near the place. Actually, I kept things restrained this time, which is proof that miracles do indeed occur.

I also got a chance to do something fun for a change (its usually all work), and went to the Olympic peninsula during the Rhododendron Festival, and I've never seen such an amazing show of flowers in my life. Truly stunning! We also took the ferry and drove around in the mountains. The drive was relaxing and beautiful, plus it was a sunny 90 degrees, which is rare here. Of course for a Southerner like me, 90 is just getting warm! :)




No comments: