Sunday, May 29, 2011

Reader's Block?

Today its bothering me that I've had a bit of  "reader's block" (as opposed to "writer's block") for some time now as it relates to reading the Scriptures. Unlike this <<< guy , I can't seem to get motivated to pick them up! What's odd is that I'm fine with reading the Ensign, perusing on-line snippets of faith-building articles, listening to conference talks, etc.; but when it comes to seriously sitting down and digging into Holy Writ I can't seem to pass muster. Whassup with that? Is it because I've read them so many times before? Am I bored with it all? Yet in Sunday School today I was getting into the lesson and enjoyed the chapters we discussed. I don't get why I'm so disconnected from this basic habit - one I used to be pretty good about. Grasping at straws right now...

1 comment:

Bravone said...

For some reason, "gospel study" seems more palatable to me than "scripture study." In the Church, we're taught to read the words of modern prophets as well. Sometimes mixing it up a bit is good for me. My main desire is to find truth, and it can be found in more places than just the scriptures.