Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Annoyed

I got the new Ensign today and the central theme of this issue is the family. For some reason (probably temporary insanity), I was hoping that the Church would directly address gay marriage in some way other than the typical rant. Well, it really wasn't even directly mentioned - just alluded to in obtuse ways. The most annoying thing to me are quotes from the Proclamation on the Family that gender is an "essential part of our being". I can understand and accept that. However, the Church is constantly implying that gender identity and being gay are somehow connected, and nothing could be farther from the truth! I'm not confused about my gender at all. I'm also not confused about which gender I'm attracted to - its perfectly clear to me. I'm gay!

Anyway, I was hoping there would be something constructive, something conciliatory, something - new? And there wasn't. Same old statements, quotes, warnings about the disentigrating family, yadda, yadda, yadda. It just bothers me, that's all...

5 comments:

Beck said...

I guess I'm confused... so why was it that you expected something different?

"Lucky Jake" said...

Oy... I'm so tired of the same old same old drivel about "Family" and how "The Family is Under Attack" ............................................................................................................

I'm with you on this one, buddy... EYEROLL.

Bravone said...

Understandable. You need a Friend : )

Kim Nordyke said...

I'm with ya on this one.

Neal said...

Beck - I don't know, hence the 'temporary insanity' reference. I suppose it has to do with a hope that the Church will be, well, less "militant" on this issue. The tone of the conversation bothers me I suppose. I'll get over it...