Friday, June 17, 2011

In Brightest Day...

 ...in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!

Before there were video games, before there were computers, before there was even television - there were comic books! Yes folks, I realize I'm dating myself here, but one of the rarest and most sought-after forms of entertainment when I was a kid was the comic book. When we weren't actually playing outside with little plastic army men (or other juvenile pursuits which are now almost unheard of), we read and traded comic books. I had a host of favorites - Superman, Batman, The Flash, Spiderman, Captain America, Incredible Hulk, Fantastic Four - but my all-time favorite was Green Lantern. I've been waiting for this one to be made into a movie for a LONG time, and now it has arrived! And I was not at all disappointed. To add to my retro-delight, the main character is played by Ryan Reynolds. This is a seriously hot and handsome guy. I definitely have a man-crush going on here!
 


No comments: