Sunday, January 8, 2012

Switching Gears

OK, its now official. I am a Democrat. The switch from my loyalty to the Republican party has been gradual until recent election antics pushed me permanently over the edge. I guess the straw that broke the camel's back was the Iowa caucuses and the firm realization that I didn't like ANY of the Republican nominees - they're just plain creepy! Huntsman probably comes closest to being acceptable.  Nor do I like the platform that ANY of them are stumping on. Its a return to the Dark Ages, as far as I'm concerned.

That being said, I'm not particularly enamored with the Democrats either, but in the absence of a legitimate 3rd party that espouses a healthy, moderate plan for this country, I feel like I'm left with no alternative. I forsee a rocky road ahead...

3 comments:

INSIDE said...

Why not become an independent?

Neal said...

I don't see any Independents I like either. *Sigh*

Trev said...

Ha ha, I remain an "independent." I am hoping that Romney is just lying about all his newfound conservative fervor and will throw it away during the general election. Either way, though, I'll vote depending on who I think has the best shot of doing the most good given the likely circumstances of the time.